The project PaNaNet’s 14 participating regions were: 4 national parks (National Park Neusiedlersee-Seewinkel in Austria and Fertő-Hanság, Örség and Balaton-felvidék National Parks in Hungary), all 6 nature parks in Burgenland (Neusiedlersee-Leithagebirge, Rosalia-Kogelberg, Landseer Berge, Geschriebenstein, Weinidylle and Raab) and 4 nature parks in West Hungary (Sopron, Irottkő, Örség and Kerka).
The overarching goal of PaNaNet is to improve the acceptance of protected areas through raising awareness within the population of the value of protected areas for both quality of life and economic opportunities. Through the permanent networking of the pannonian protected areas they should be able to establish themselves as offering a distinctive „Nature Experience“. The continued development of existing facilities is important, as well as focused preparations to attract new target groups to the new Nature tourism opportunities.
The following questions were the subject of our evaluation:
- Proposal preparation and product development for nature tourism infrastructure
- Networking in the fields of leisure and adventure tourism, and marketing of local products
- Exchange of knowledge, experiences and methods between workers in the protected areas
- Public relations/Marketing
- Coordination and networking of the individual work packages for the PaNaNet project