Settlement Development Concept “East”
Module 3 of the new ‘Settlement Development Concept “East”‘ provide innovative strategies for overcoming unwanted spatial phenomena such as urban sprawl and the practice of land banking. mecca developed new tools for spatial planning in cooperation with key stakeholders as existing tools proved ineffective in managing the contemporary issues. Therefore, mecca developed a new set of tools capable of being adapted to the differentiation in strategy, resource management and policy demands of the various regions.
- Impact analysis of existing spatial planning tools
- Comparison with European best-practice examples
- Identification of three focus issues
- Preparation, arrangement and moderation of experts workshops
- Recommendations on new spatial tools and strategies for the “Cooperative Planning Committee East”